COFFEE RUBBED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH POMEGRANATE SALSA
By: Julia Clancy
Visit our Unity Food Store and find all the items required for this recipe in one convenient spot! Look for the large 'Recipe of the Week' sign or ask one of our team members to direct you to the display!
• 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground coffee
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 6 large bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
• 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
• 2 cups pomegranate seeds
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Position a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine brown sugar, coffee, coriander, paprika, 3/4 teaspoon salt and cayenne in a small bowl. Rub about half of the mixture under the chicken skin, then rub the rest on the skin. Place on a baking sheet. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a thigh without touching bone registers 165 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine shallot, vinegar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add
pomegranate seeds, parsley and oil to the shallot and stir to combine. Serve with the chicken.